We are homestay hosts and our "Balcony Room" is available starting October 21st 2016 for international (ESL) students for $775/month which INCLUDES breakfast,
lunch, and dinner. You are also welcome to any food in the kitchen for snacks.
You would share a nice clean private bathroom between yourself and another international student (20-year-old male Chinese ESL student). There is also a 16-
year-old Chinese student downstairs who has his own bathroom.
Your room contains everything you need including a bed, desk with chair and lamp, closet, night table with alarm clock/radio, and dresser.
Some additional features of the actual house include:
- Super high speed Wi-Fi Internet (We have the highest upgraded plan: 150 Mbps download, 15 Mbps upload, 1TB of data per month, brand new upgraded modem)
- Netflix (cable TV can be accommodated for an additional fee)
- Large back yard with garden and flowers
- BBQ area
- Front and back decks
- New stainless steel appliances (fridge, microwave, laundry machines)
- Located in an extremely friendly neighbourhood with nature trails nearby
- Electric bicycles (they require a small monthly rental fee if used)
We are located in South Nanaimo which is about an 8-9 minute drive from Vancouver Island University (VIU), and there is a bus stop just an 8-minute walk away
that is about a 45-50 minute ride to VIU. Alternatively, we can provide private car rides to and from VIU for $8/day when you need it (or $5 for 1-way), or let
you use an electric bicyle (for an added fee) which takes 18 minutes to get to VIU.
We have a very friendly Golden Retriever who is a part of the family so you must be okay with dogs.
We are a younger couple (33 and 31) and I work from a home office and my partner works casual shifts at the hospital so we are at home almost all the time. I
am also TEFL certified and am available for dedicated tutoring with homework for a small additional fee.
House Rules: absolutely no smoking, drugs, or loud partying.
Since we have a free schedule, we have time to show you around the city and other attractions.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!
More information and photos can be found at http://www.homestaynanaimo.com