COVID-19 policies and precautionsRead more
$22 · Transition House Counsellor, casual
Provide crisis counselling and practical support for women and children in residence
2) Provide crisis support for callers
3) Participate in the daily tasks to support program operations
4) Support community awareness of domestic violence
5) Participate in activities to support the health and visibility of the transition house program and Cowichan Women Against Violence Society.
* In-depth understanding of violence against women, and it's the dynamics and impacts.
* Ability to use a client-centred approach to support women to understand their experiences and explore options for change.
* Proactive use of a holistic (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) approach to enhance women's and their children's wellness and well-being.
* Strong crisis support skills for working with women (and their children) who are in crisis and/or have experienced trauma, including sexual assault, self-harm, mental health or addiction issues.
* Ability to develop and nurture relationships across diverse cultures and support their protocols, beliefs and traditions.
* A combination of direct related experience and relevant training and education.
* Flexible, self-directed; reliable; able to work both independently and collaboratively.
* Valid Class 5 driver's license.
* Current 1st Aid Certification (Emergency with child & adult CPR)
* Satisfactory criminal records check.
* Solid availability for short call shift work (see below).
* Close proximity to Duncan.
Availability: We require a commitment to keep strong availability for shifts Monday through Friday. Day shift is 8 am - 4 pm; Bridging shift is 11 - 7 pm; Afternoon shift is 3:15 - 11:15 pm; Overnight shift is 10:30 pm - 8:30 am. As a casual position, the frequency of shifts is dependent on regular staff absence (i.e. vacation, sick).
|Details||Last hour:||Last 24 hours:||All:|
|Posted||September 14, 2020|
|Expiry||October 14, 2020|